|Location:||Suisun City CA|
Position Title: Membership Lead
Department: Front Desk
Reports to: Kroc Center Business Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly)
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
A. BASIC PURPOSE:
The Membership Service Manager will be responsible for supervising front desk staff, setting the customer service tone and expectations. Other supervisory responsibilities include goodwill ambassadors, safety attendants and child watch. This position will oversee and handle membership sales, group inquiries, and retail sales. A primary goal is to provide customers with a positive experience with an avenue to be heard.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Supervise all functions of front desk area, including membership sales and transactions, guest relations, and scholarship processing.
- Set the tone for customer’s first point of contact at The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Center.
- Ability to train staff in customer service, Kroc programs and policies and POS technology.
- Oversee the sales of enrolling guests in programs, camps, lessons and ticketed events. Communicate adequate knowledge of programs to the front desk team.
- Develop systems to implement background checks of members and day pass guests.
- Be the escalation point for customers/member service issues. This includes but is not limited to invoices, complaints and/or refunds, transactional complexities, and computer data problems or concerns.
- Recommend and prepare membership focused policy proposals for consideration by the Business Director. Communicate newly approved/adopted policies with all departments.
- Implement, evaluate and manage the membership and guest programs. Manage a system of forms, applications and reports so applications for membership and/or scholarships are processed efficiently and as promptly as possible.
- Oversee maintenance of the membership database of records utilizing a complex computer program.
- Meet with potential members and outline member benefits with the goal of securing new memberships.
- Provide opportunities for orientation of new members to ensure the value of membership is maximized. Will develop a new member benefits package in cooperation with The Salvation Army, Suisun City, Kroc Center Sales and Marketing Management team and Business Director to be reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Interact, on a consistent basis, with members of The Salvation Army, Suisun City, Kroc Center to determine strengths and weakness of the membership and scholarship programs.
- Will provide regular statistical reports related to the members including recruitment/retention goals, scholarship needs, program trends and other reporting as required. Data will also include day pass trends and client statistics.
- Provide customer comment report with responses and appropriate recommendations if applicable.
- Reconciliation of POS system.
- Oversee the receipt and safe keeping of all cash from each program venue. Oversee preparation of invoices for funds due the Community Center from group use as requested.
- All handling of cash and accounting procedures must adhere to The Salvation Army’s policies and procedures.
- Provide back-up support to the Business Director during vacations, sickness, and at other times as required.
- Create, monitor and implement staff schedules on a weekly basis.
- Prepare written policy proposals as needed for use with members under the direction of the Business Services Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience, and 2+ years of administration/bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Demonstrated management experience including morale development and productive team building.
- Must be technically proficient in order manage and update computer POS (Point of Sale) systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of current management principles and practices including supervisory skills, budgeting and scheduling.
- Experience in membership recruitment plan development and implementation.
- Must possess good Guest Relations skills.
- High attention to detail, consistent reliable follow through and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, and meet established deadlines.
- Must have excellent computer skills; with working experience of Microsoft Office products.
- Meet all health and safety regulations as defined by the Health Department as well as The Salvation Army.
- Have the ability to work with children, parents, and staff in a capacity of leadership, counseling and education.
- Demonstrates good judgment, resourcefulness, flexibility, attention to detail, and problem solving.
- Service-oriented team player who can take initiative, work independently and quickly adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with, direct, and relate well with co-workers, staff and guests while maintaining the standards of The Salvation Army.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Able to occasionally work weekends/evening hours, and must have willingness and ability to travel.
- Valid driver’s license and insured transportation.
D. Physical Requirements:
This position requires:
- Ability to stand, stoop, or walk for a minimum of eight hours per day and lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
I have read the job description above and understand my responsibilities as defined by it:
Employee’s Signature Date
Supervisor’s Signature Date
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications