Youth Camp Coordinator
|Title:||Youth Camp Coordinator|
|Location:||Suisun City CA|
Job DescriptionPosition Title: Youth Camp Coordinator
Location: The Salvation Army
Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
Suisun City, CA
Reports to: Famly Enrichment Coordinator
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
A. BASIC PURPOSE
The Youth Camp Coordinator Instructor is responsible for the development and implementation of youth education, enrichment and/or physical play/fitness programs for programs during specified time frames (i.e Summer Camp) as a whole and/or individualized programs. Instructor is responsible for the safety, care and wellbeing of the children within Youth Camp and possible other Youth Services, including Child Watch, Youth After School, Home School and Teen Program. Instructors will follow the policies and procedures of the center regarding personal conduct and security, as well as demonstrate a true desire to work and play with children. Takes lead and direction from the Youth Education Lead as well as the Family Enrichment Manager.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop themes and overall program amenities.
- Develop and implement creative and enriching short term programs/activities for youth programs.
- Operate as a lead person within program.
- Train staff in operation of program, both individually and as a group.
- Maintain appropriate program atmosphere and conduct of program and participants.
- Provide great customer service to the community; see that all customers, clients and members are given prompt and courteous service.
- Follow all Child Safety policies and procedure.
- Relate joyfully and sensitively to children of all ages.
- Sensitivity to children’s individual needs.
- Use appropriate positive discipline consistently.
- Practice vigilant supervision at all times.
- Handle security and crisis situations calmly.
- Verify membership status through POS system.
- Must be able to handle cash, make change and operate the Kroc Recreation Management computer system; secure POS area at close of shift.
- Maintain progressive knowledge of all programs and facilities.
- Be responsible for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of the work and play areas.
- Adhere to RJKCCC operations as well as all policy procedures as adopted by Administration.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Make sure that the facility remains secure by keeping windows and doors locked and by reporting any security concerns.
- Complete required trainings.
- Attend staff meetings as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Have at least one year of successful experience working with children.
- Have the skills and abilities to work successfully with the challenging behaviors of children in our care.
- Provide documentation of Infant/Child CPR and Infant/Child First Aid or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Provide documentation of, or ability to pass Tuberculosis test.
- Ability to pass City of City of Suisun Criminal History Background Check as well as TSA Child Safety background clearance.
- Must attend TSA Program and Child Safety training.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate positively and energetically with staff, clients, members and customers.
- Must have the ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with customers, clients, members and staff.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Thrive in a team-oriented environment. Be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure.
- Ability to empathize and communicate with low-income and vulnerable people.
- Knowledge of Salvation Army policies and procedures helpful.
- Physical Requirement
This position requires:
- Have uninhibited physical mobility in bending and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Be capable of auditory and visual oversight of the children and staff.
- Be able to verbally interact with the children and staff.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
I have read the job description above and understand my responsibilities as defined by it:
Employee’s Signature Date
Supervisor’s Signature Date